Wednesday 24 December 2008

Saint Nicholas



This years Christmas list was a little different to my usual one, as all I wanted was an interview with Santa. To be honest, I was not hopeful I would be successful in my quest to question the world's busiest man, but it was worth a try.

On the 12th December, twelve days before his sleigh would frantically dart from chimney to chimney, my request was posted, alongside my two sisters Christmas list. All I could do now was sit and wait for a bit of Christmas magic.

Days past, and my dream of speaking to Saint Nicholas looked as likely as snow on Christmas Day. Nevertheless I remained upbeat. Although I had received no post, I thought I should check my emails, just in case. Still nothing. To my surprise, however, I had been left a voicemail from a mysterious caller. It was him. I knew it.

After listening to the message Santa explained, "Dear James, I'm sorry I have not been in touch sooner but, as I am sure you are aware, I have been rather busy. Nevertheless, I would like to invite you to my home, in Lapland, on Tuesday, 23rd December, for a quick chat and a mince pie. Please arrive at 4pm. Yours, Santa Claus."

It felt as though all my Christmases had come at once, after offering me the chance to do a world exclusive, a full and frank sit down interview at his home in Lapland.

But would he, Rudolf, and his Elves live up to my expectation?


jamesdaviesmedia.com

No comments: